Saturday, May 03, 2008

Author John Robb: The Resilient Community

What am I doing? I've been hard at work on my next book: The Resilient Community.

Recent thoughts? While I was writing this morning, I was surprised at how much Brave New War's (BNW) exploration of the future of warfare informs the new book on:


a) the nature of the emerging threats that will be faced and

b) how a Resilient Community can defend itself.


As a result, I think that people that liked BNW will find the chapter on warfare in the RC book very interesting indeed.


My goal with this book? I hope this book will provide readers with a useful eschatology for the current global system and a conceptual blueprint for the DIY (do-it-yourself) efforts necessary to build a Resilient Community.


The reaction the book will get? For those that completely tied to or immersed in the legacy system, this book will be a very scary read. For those that are fearless and willing to adapt in order to progress, it will become a go to reference.

No comments: